Character Template Apr 1, 2016 10:22:30 GMT -7
Post by Kitten4u on Apr 1, 2016 10:22:30 GMT -7
- Secret identities are a big deal to superheroes and supervillains alike, and this roleplay handles that by treating your superpowered identity and your civilian identity as completely separate profiles.
- Post your civilian profile in the Pending Profiles section. Post your super profile in the Super Profiles board.
- Your civilian profile should not mention anything about superpowers at all in order to avoid confirming or denying that your character has powers or not.
- Even if your character does not have super powers, still make a thread in the Super Profiles board to list their traits and effective power level. Even if your character doesn't have a civilian identity (IE, they're very public about their powers), still make a civilian profile, and still put your character's "secret" identity and powers in the Super Profiles section.
- This can be formatted however you want, and use any style you want. We're just looking for this information.
- The title of your civilian profile should be the character's first name and last name in that order. The title of the super profile should be the character's alias when in costume.
- The civilian profile should be posted with the civilian account, and the super profile should be posted with the super account for clarity's sake.
- The super profile will also be used to track powers and abilities, so don't forget to update it when you buy something from the shop. Because civilians can also buy some things from the shop, it's important for them to have a super profile too and to keep it updated when they buy something.
- When your profile is accepted, the civilian profile will be moved to the accepted characters section. A staff member will put the part of the super profile stated to go into the public directory into the Public Super Profiles thread in its own post. Your civilian identity account should link to the civilian profile, and the super identity account should link to that post in the Public Super Profiles thread in the "Profile Link" profile field.
- When your character is done, post in the Notification Thread with links to BOTH your civilian profile and your super profile. Your character will not be looked at until staff see a post there.
- If any changes need to be made, a staff member will post in your super profile regardless of whether they are for the civilian profile or the super profile. Note that this means you will only be able to see comments if you are logged in as the account you used to post the thread. Once your character is approved, those posts will be removed so you can use that thread for personal notes.
[b]Name:[/b] Whatever your character goes by when out of costume.
[b]Age:[/b] This should be pretty straightforward, barring temporal superpower shenanigans. No younger than 13 years.
[b]Gender:[/b] Pick one.
[b]Occupation:[/b] Does your character attend class? Where? Does your character have a regular source of income? Doing what? Even if your character's superpowered life leaves no time for this sort of thing, you can list whatever they present themselves as to whoever asks.
[b]Face Claim:[/b] The name of the character you're using to represent yours. Use the format "Character Name from Series Name" for clarity.
[b]Appearance:[/b] You can just post a picture here, if you prefer. Drawn art only. Alternatively (or additionally), you can describe your character's physical features and usual wardrobe.
[b]Skills:[/b] What is your character good at? Hobbies, good subjects at school, and personal talents should all go here. Everyone has something they excel at.
[b]Personality:[/b] What sort of person is your character? Positive qualities, negative qualities? What goals do they have with regard to their civilian life, both in the short term and in the long term? What face do they show society? What's their sense of right and wrong?
(These fields will be copied into a public directory that is linked from your super profile.)
[b]Alias:[/b] What does your character go by when in costume?
[b]Costume:[/b] What does your character look like when wearing it? You can post pictures of masks, silhouettes, and emblems to help give an idea of the visual impression your character leaves, and you should write some textual description as well to fill in the gaps. Apparent age, gender, and body type should go here too, and they don't necessarily need to line up with those of the character's civilian identity if their powers or costume lend themselves well to disguise.
[b]Power Theme:[/b] What do the capabilities of your power seem to be? This should be a basic overview of things that other characters would be able to find out by watching you in action. It should be able to account for what the character's powers can do, but the way the power actually works might be different than what's indicated here.
[b]Faction:[/b] Which of the five major categories does the character fall into?
[b]Reputation:[/b] What is your character known for? This should cover how you tend to use your superpowers, whether for superheroism or supervillainy, any personality traits you display in costume (which might or might not line up with how you act as a civilian), and anything else you think should be general knowledge about your character.
--- (Everything below this line is info that will generally remain private.)
[b]Secret Identity:[/b] The name of your character's civilian persona.
[b]Face Claim:[/b] If they have one separate from their civilian identity. If they don't have one, you can remove this field.
[b]Power Name:[/b] This is the name that will show up on the powers list. It won't be associated with your character's name or identity at all, so it should be completely accurate.
[b]Power Details:[/b] The full truth behind how your powers work. Go into detail here about what they can do and what their limitations are. Try to think of a good weakness that a clever opponent could try to use. A power is always more interesting if there are things it needs to work around. This should cover everything you want your character to be able to do with their powers, and you should do your best to think through all the implications of the power. Remember, that anything not described here cannot be used ICly, whether it be in battle or not!
[b]History:[/b] Your character's family background, upbringing, and social life should go here. Also include how they're dealing with having powers and whatever balance they choose to strike between powered and civilian life.
[b]Powers:[/b] The numerical stats that describe what your powers can do and how strong they are in combat. See the Powers thread for how to pick them. For each power type, describe briefly how your character's power is used to achieve that effect. Optionally, you can go into additional detail about techniques and noncombat applications related to the power type.
[b]Immunities:[/b] The numerical stats that describe what kinds of power you have immunity to and how dramatic the effects you can shrug off are. See the Powers thread for how to pick them. For each immunity type, describe briefly what causes your character to have that immunity.
[b]Traits:[/b] The perks you've taken to make your character stronger. See the Shop thread for details.
[b]Power Level:[/b] 15 (All characters start at power level 15, except Pandaemonium characters which start at level 17. This is the sum of all your powers, immunities, and trait costs.)